Course Introduction: Advancing Care Through Genomics 2022 – MayoClinic (Videos) Download Link
Format : Complete HTML
File Size : 4.63 GB
Overview – Topics/Speakers:
Genomic testing and genomic medicine are both rapidly growing fields, and the American Nurses Association recognizes that all nurses have a role in delivering genetics/genomics services to patients and families. Clinical advances have resulted in the introduction of genomics into practices ranging from primary care to oncology to critical care. These courses are designed to provide nurses and health care staff with broad education in genomics and were specifically developed to translate genomic science into practice.
This online course includes individual modules on:
- Foundational Genetic and Genomic Concepts
- Family History
- Genetic Testing
- Individualized Medicine
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Individualized Medicine
Course modules can be selected as a discounted package or individually.
These courses were developed under the NHGRI Nursing Education Grant.
These courses are designed for any registered nurse interested in increasing use of genomics in patient care. It may also be of interest to advanced practice nurses, licensed practical nurses, pharmacists, physicians, physician assistants, students, and other members of the health care team.
Upon completion of these modules, participants should be able to:
- Explain fundamental genetic and genomic concepts
- Conduct a comprehensive family medical history assessment
- Apply genomic concepts and testing methodologies into standard practice related to risk, diagnosis, and treatment
- Identify implications of genomic testing results
- Incorporate genomics into patient-focused health teaching and health promotion strategies
- Examine ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) surrounding genomics and genetic testing, including privacy and confidentiality of genomic data
Program : Click Here
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime