Course Introduction: Congress of Clinical Rheumatology 2015 Download Link
Overview – Topics/Speakers:
Congress of Clinical Rheumatology
The Oakstone Institute Clinical Update
Directed by David Andrew McLain, MD, FACP, FACR
McLAIN MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, P.C.
The Congress of Clinical Rheumatology is a comprehensive program with an international perspective designed for clinical rheumatologists to emphasize pertinent, emerging issues, and cutting edge advancements in rheumatology that can be directly implemented in practice to improve patient care. Learn from the best in the comfort of your home or office.
This program is intended for Clinical Rheumatologists and other physicians who are directly involved in the care and management of rheumatic disease patients. The emphasis of this course is on cutting edge advancements and pertinent, emerging issues in clinical rheumatology.
Although intended primarily for clinical rheumatologists, the Congress of Clinical Rheumatology is also of great interest and value to physicians or other health care personnel who are directly involved in the care and management of rheumatic disease patients.
Topics & Speakers
After viewing this program, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the reasons why Mixed Connective Tissue Disease is not really mixed.
- Predict brain changes in the first month of daily opioid therapy and review implications for addiction and hyperalgesia.
- Evaluate the evidence and discussions that were used to generate the ACR treatment guidelines for lupus nephritis and assess new SLE therapies.
- Identify the features of IgG4-related disease.
- Assess mechanisms and prevention approaches for accelerated atherosclerosis in SLE.
- Describe the current state of the art treatment of ANCA–associated vasculitis.
- Define new mechanisms involved in the development of osteoarthritis.
- Illustrate the complex relationship between chronic kidney disease and bone disease in adults.
- Summarize the current concepts of low dose naltrexone in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
- Name the advances in the pathogenesis and treatment of sarcoidosis.
- Evaluate the latest research on the effect of arthritis on bone and cartilage.
- Appraise imaging of the immune system.
- List the legislative and regulatory issues facing rheumatologists.
- Formulate a treatment plan for scleroderma manifestations.
- Assess complementary and alternative medicine as it applies to rheumatology.
- Identify the clinical rheumatology questions that have been answered in the laboratory.
- List the therapeutic options available for psoriatic arthritis.
- Recall the latest data on myopathies from pathogeny to treatment.
- Summarize the news on bone erosion in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Discuss the latest research on interstitial lung disease.
- Identify the rheumatic manifestations of cancer.
- Describe unusual rheumatology cases and unusual presentations of common rheumatologic conditions as presented in the thieves’ market.
- Assess the translational science journey that was involved with glucocorticoid–induced osteoporosis.
- Compare combination treatment regimens in osteoporosis.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Oakstone Publishing, LLC and A&R Education Group LLC. Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Date of Original Release: January 15, 2015
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime