Course Introduction: GCUS Ultrasound Applications in Austere/Rural Medicine 2020 (VIDEOS) Download Link
Overview – Topics/Speakers:
Ultrasound Applications in Austere/Rural Medicine Online Course is intended for any medical professional involved with performing emergency medicine, critical care, or point-of-care ultrasound examinations in an austere and/or rural environment. This course is designed to provide a strong foundation to perform the core ultrasound applications as outlined in the ACEP ultrasound practice and WINFOCUS guidelines. Taught by leading emergency medicine ultrasound expert faculty. This self-directed course contains eighteen (18) interactive modules and includes online video lectures, case presentations, and post-activity quizzes. Enrollment is valid for 12 months (365 days) and begins the moment the participant is enrolled. Extend your online course access another 3 months with the addition of an onsite hands-on workshop at your facility, a private hands-on workshop at our facility, or blend your online course with a registration to attend a regularly scheduled GCUS scan workshop.
- Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret emergency ultrasound examinations.
- State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
- Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (E-FAST exam) and pneumothorax.
- Demonstrate scan protocols for focused evaluation of the abdomen, aorta, female pelvis and adult heart.
- State an algorithm for uses of bedside ultrasound during cardiac arrest, shock & hypotension.
- Outline protocol for focused evaluation of soft-tissue/MSK applications, and DVT.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal image characteristics of the abdomen, female pelvis, first trimester OB, and ectopic pregnancy.
- Demonstrate image orientation, transducer preparation, and scan protocols for performing use of ultrasound guidance for vascular access, pericardiocentesis, paracentesis, hemothorax, lumbar puncture, ET placement and nerve blocks.
- Outline protocols for evaluation of scrotum.
- Increase competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria into clinical practice.
- Imaging Fundamentals
- Emergency Ultrasound for Obstetrical and Gynecological Conditions
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Spontaneous Abortion
- PID and Masses
- Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access
- Abdominal Scanning Fundamentals
- Ultrasound in Trauma: FAST and E-FAST
- Abdominal Cases in Emergency Medicine-Renal
- Abdominal Cases in Emergency Medicine-Biliary and AAA
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound
- Rapid Ultrasound for Shock and Hypotension
- Ultrasound-Guided Emergency and Critical Care Procedures
- Evaluation of DVT
- Soft-Tissue/ MSK Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks for Emergency Medicine
- Scrotal Ultrasound
- Cases in Trauma Ultrasound
Date of Original Release: 4/20/2020
This edition valid for credit through: 4/20/2023
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime